Tuesday, December 13, 2011

The 12 Days Of Christmas Movies: The Polar Express

The Polar Express came out in 2004. My girls had just turned 7 years old. It was Thanksgiving weekend, my sister in law, Debbie & I took her daughter Rachel, & my girls to see it. The theater was crowded and we found seats where Debbie & I could sit in the row right in front of the three girls. I fell in love with this Movie. At one point in the movie I turned around to look at the girls, and found all three of them staring up at the screen just in awe! It truly is visually stunning. We had to go out & get the Book as well, and of course the Bell from Santa's sleigh now hangs on our Christmas tree every year! Because we Believe!

The things about trains . . . it doesn't matter where they're going.
What matters is deciding to get on.

On Christmas Eve many years ago I laid quietly i my bed.
I did not rustle the sheets, I breathed slowly and silently.
I was listening for a sound I was afraid I'd never hear:
the sound of Santa's sleigh bells.


The Conductor: Well, ya comin?
The Boy: Where?

The Conductor: To the North Pole, of course!
This is the Polar Express!


The Boy: I'm looking for a girl.
Hobo: (burst out laughing) Well aren't we all?

There's no greater gift than friendship.

This bell is a wonderful symbol of the spirit of Christmas - as am I.
Just remember, the true spirit of Christmas lies in your heart.

At one time most of my friends could hear the bell,
but as years passed it fell silent for all of them.

Even Sarah found one Christmas
that she could no longer hear its sweet sound.

Though I've grown old the bell still rings for me,
as it does for all who truly believe.


Seeing is believing,
But sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see.

No comments: